Join us for a CLE webinar on cannabis users and firearms next September 20th (Wednesday) at 9:00am PST.
REGISTER HERE or HERE
This CLE examines several key issues at the intersection of constitutional principles, controlled substances, and firearms laws in the United States. Specifically, the focus is on the Second Amendment and the Exemption from State Laws, as well as the Controlled Substances Act and the regulation of cannabis at the federal and state levels.
In addition, the CLE will examine the complexities of federal firearms laws and regulations, including recent landmark U.S. Supreme Court cases related to the Second Amendment. Griffen will continue to research the ever-evolving landscape of state cannabis laws and their impact on individuals exercising their Second Amendment rights. Finally, attendees can expect thought-provoking discussions on the future of gun regulation for cannabis users.
Through comprehensive analysis and in-depth discussions, this CLE aims to provide participants with a deeper understanding of the legal intricacies surrounding these key issues.
Important topics to discuss:
- Constitutional principles (Second Amendment, state right of first refusal, etc.)
- Controlled Substances and Regulation of Cannabis Act
- State Cannabis Laws
- Federal firearms laws and regulations
- Recent 2nd Amendment cases of the US Supreme Court
- Future of firearms regulation for cannabis users
Date/Time: September 20, 2023
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Eastern
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Central
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Mountain
- 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Pacific